Title XVII: Motion for Attorney Fees
17.1 Evidence in Support of Motion
At the time of the final hearing on the request for attorney fees, the attorney seeking such fees shall present:
1. An itemized statement describing the services rendered, the time for such services, and the requested hourly rate for in-court time and out-of-court time.
2. Testimony as to whether the case was complicated by any or all of the following:
a. New or unique issues of law.
b. Difficulty in ascertaining or valuing the parties assets.
c. Problems with completing discovery.
d. Any other factor necessitating extra time being spent on the case.
3. Testimony regarding the attorney’s years in practice and experience in domestic relations cases.
4. Evidence of the parties’ respective income and expenses, if not otherwise disclosed during the proceedings.
5. Failure to comply with the provisions of this rule shall result in the denial of a request for attorney fees, unless jurisdiction to determine the issue of fees is expressly reserved in any order resulting from the hearing.
BACK TO INDEX