Your browser cannot find our style and presentation information. You’re welcome to use the page as is, or upgrade your browser to its latest version. See your browser’s website for more information.
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPELLANT FOR FILING APPEALS
1. A person filing an appeal must have a legal and/or equitable interest in the property affected in the appeal, or be an attorney or agent representing the person having legal or equitable interest.
2. An officer or an employee of a corporation may file an appeal on property in which the corporation has a legal and/or equitable interest.
3. The Board requires the owner or his representative to be present at the public hearing.
TO FILE AN APPEAL:
1. Prepare an explicit typewritten statement, with original signature, using blue ink on each of the 7 letters, (7 copies, no smaller than 82 x 11) addressed to the Board of Building Appeals, setting forth the following:
A. Request for hearing of appeal from decision of the Plan Examiner
B. Clear and accurate description of the construction or use.
C. All facts and reasons why the determination sought should be granted.
2. Provide seven (7) sets of drawings pertinent to the appeal for the Board=s examination.
3. An appeal fee is required when the appeal is filed. All checks are made payable to the Board of County Commissioners. The fee charged is as follows:
$ 165 Appeals filed under the Hamilton County Building Code (one, two and three-family dwellings and accessory structures) - (Residential)
$ 328 Appeals filed under Ohio Building Code - (Commercial)
4. Submit the aforesaid typewritten statement, required drawings and application fee to the Hamilton County Planning and Development, 138 E. Court Street, Room 801, Cincinnati, OH 45202.
5. All items listed above must be filed at the same time. No partial submittals will be accepted.
All preparations, including notices, necessary for the hearing of an appeal will be executed by this office after the receipt of all the items listed above.
~To be heard at the hearing of the Board scheduled for ______________________, all appeals must be filed with this office by __________________________.
~All meetings begin at 9:00 a.m. in Room 805 in the Large Conference Room on the 8th floor.
For further information, you may call Joy Peak at this office during normal business hours (513-946-4550).
Copyright 2012. Hamilton County Ohio. 138 E. Court Street, Cincinnati, OH 45202.
Information on this site is believed to be true and accurate. Hamilton County disclaims any liability for errors or omissions.
External links to other sites are intended to be informational and do not have the endorsement of Hamilton County.