The Hamilton County Human Resources
division under the Board of County Commissioners, provides a wide variety of
services to all county departments. The County workforce totals approximately
00 employees who work in 30
different departments. Human
is directly responsible for the state civil service reporting
requirements for 25
of those departments. Human Resources
also administers the group insurance benefits for all county
employees. For the departments under the Board of County
Commissioners, Human Resources
responsible for employee relations, including negotiating and
administering 12 collective bargaining agreements, and employee training and
- We build trust by being honest, ethical, consistent, fair and respectful.
- We comply with policy and the law and guide others in doing so.
- We use resources efficiently and effectively to be good stewards for Hamilton County.
- We share resources and ideas.
- We actively seek, listen to, and consider others' concerns and ideas.
- We are inclusive and cooperative in decision making.
- We maintain positive and productive relationships.
Institutional Courage and Leadership
- We serve in a positive, innovative, and responsive manner.
- We strive to understand and proactively meet our customers' needs.
- We strive to produce work products that are accurate, clear, reliable, and based on best HR practices.
- We promote a culture of innovation and improvement.
- We influence and motivate others to translate organizational goals into action.
- We consider different views and advocate for best solutions, even in challenging situations.