Resources for Women and Girls in Need of Support

Commission on Women and Girls wants you to know that help is available

Commission on Women & Girls Logo

The COVID-19 pandemic has dramatically shifted our way of interacting with friends, family and the community with serious implications on our economy and health.  Many women and girls are feeling the emotional effects of being isolated and physically distanced. Some girls are struggling with online education. And COVID isolation has hidden domestic and child abuse. The Hamilton County Commission on Women and Girls wants to you to know that help is available. Please check out the resources below and don’t hesitate to reach out.

FREE Covid-19 Testing
Test and Protect, Hamilton County CARES COVID-19
Hamilton County Public Health

Adult and Parenting Coping Resources
Cincinnati Children’s Adult Help: Coping with COVID Information for Adults and Parents

Crisis Information:
Call 911 for immediate emergencies
Hamilton County Mental Health Access Point (MHAP)
(513) 558-8888 
Mobile Crisis Team At University Hospital
(513) 584-5098
Mobile Crisis is available M-F from 8:30 am to 12:00 am and Saturday and Sunday from 12:00 pm to 8:30 pm.
After hours, referrals can be made through Psychiatric Emergency Services (PES). Call (513) 584-8577. PES will page the Mobile Crisis Team if necessary. 
NAMI- National Alliance on Mental Illness.
Psychiatric Intake Response Center (PIRC) At Cincinnati Children’s Hospital
(513) 636-4124 
Talbert House Crisis Hotline- 24-hour suicide and crisis hotline offers crisis intervention and information and referral services to individuals of any age.
(513) 281-CARE (2273) or text Talbert to 839863

Experiencing or witnessing child abuse
Call the 24-hour Child Abuse Hotline: 513-241-KIDS

Experiencing or witnessing domestic/partner abuse?
Women Helping Women call 513-381-5610 

YWCA call 513-872-9259 

Food assistance
JFS Food Assistance benefits

General Social Service needs
United Way call 211


If you are at risk of causing harm to your child:
Call 1-800-4-A-CHILD or text CONNECT to 741741

Mental Health Resources
Hamilton County Mental Health and Recovery Services Board 


Ohio Careline: (800) 720-9616

United Way: Call 211

Rent Relief


Stressed and Overwhelmed?
CDC guidelines for coping with stress

Substance and Alcohol Abuse Resources
Hamilton County Addiction Response Coalition 
Find 24/7 hotlines below:

  • Addiction Services Council, Local: (513) 281-7880, Kentucky: (859) 415-9280
  • Beckett Springs (513) 817-0907
  • BrightView (513) 834-7063
  • Mental Health Hotline (513) 281-CARE
  • Drug & Poison Information Center (DPIC) (513) 636-5111


Utility Resources

Youth in need of academic support for online education?
Cincinnati Public Schools offers free access for one-on-one homework help

Youth in need of socializing?
Cincinnati Children’s Resources for promoting mental and emotional health

Posted on 11/19/2020